Firefighters are often the heroes among us

Caroline Christy Niantic

Publication: The Day

Published 04/10/2011 12:00 AM
Updated 04/07/2011 09:12 PM

Kudos to the emergency medical technician Wick Haylon, who rescued my husband from the floor after he fell out of bed at 10:30 p.m. March 30.

Wick arrived so quickly, I barely had time to cover my husband with a blanket and open the front door and turn on all the lights. My husband is 88 years old, and is a hefty, extra-large man in both height and weight.

Wick lifted my husband with ease and efficiency, as if he were a small child. Wick checked for injuries, apparently negative, but told me to call back if complications arose.

I am astounded at how quickly and efficiently Wick responded. We want him and the Niantic Fire Department to know how relieved and grateful we are. Wick is a real hero.


No comments: